Monday 1 September 2014

West Coast Park

 West Coast Park is the same everyday and yet not the same. It depends on you you interact with nature. Some people brisk walk and their objective is to exercise and they do not interrupt their regime to observe and inspect nature's offering of the day. Some people walk in pairs and to them the objective is to catch up on each other's life. Others bring their kids to the playground and have their attention focused on their children. 

If you are a nature walker and you walk alone, the objective of walking in a park is to get in touch with nature - touching the leaves, smelling the flowers and taking photographs of insects, flowers or trees or anything that strikes you as interesting. At least, that is the way I define a nature walker because I do not brisk walk, and if I walk with a friend, I do not ignore nature and as I carry on a conversation with her. Last but not least, I do not have to mind a kid and which leaves me a lot of leeway to do what I usually do every time I take a walk in the park.
A fruit that resembles a mangosteen.

A friendly cat.
A lone cannonball fruit.
Wild pepper plant.
Cannonball flower.
Tortoise.
Flowering Acacia tree.

A Little Heron in flight.

Eagle.
Hopeful for fish.






Two  birds.

Fern unfurling.



Seed pod of the Trumpet flower tree.



A pong pong fruit.



Tiger orchids still going strong after almost 3 weeks.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.