Thursday 9 April 2015

West Coast Park where friends of nature dwell

 I take many photos, sometimes too many and sometimes it may seem tiresome to see so many photos of the same subject for other people. For me, each photo marks a fraction of a second of my life and every second is precious never mind that some of the photos are not perfect. This morning, I just took along my light and compact Lumix TZ40 for the sake of walking without carrying too much weight and yet have a camera that was good enough to record interesting encounters as I walked. True enough I met my friends - the white-collared kingfisher at his usual perch on his favourite tree, the changeable lizard displaying his colour-changing prowess and found a new friend in a tiny bird in an innovative bird nest hanging above my head amongst some low branches of a tree.


Ant abode.

A branch that stay rooted.


A little bird felt safe in there.

The first time I see a nest that is partly made with cotton from the kapok tree.








The Rangoon vines at their most glorious. You do not see this throughout the year.








An all-girl secondary school holding a mass running event.
My friend the magnificent kingfisher.






Patience paid - a beetle in his beak.










Fluffing its plumes.











Lunch will be served on a silver-platter.








Today, this little guy seems mesmerised by something up there.










Oh my neck hurts.

Some nosey parker is taking my photo.




Mother and child meeting.
A hug and a kiss and they go their separate ways.


Fruits of the Kapok tree, supplier of cotton for the bird nest.


Ginger flower to end the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.