Wednesday 3 December 2014

West Coast - Last Friday of November

 Last Friday, I had the time of my life because I saw more than what I had expected to see in terms of the variety in the species of birds. Some days, I see an oriole or a Little Heron. On luckier days, I would see a Kingfisher and sometimes a lone Grey Heron. But on this day, I say all of them in just one morning. Sure wished I had a better camera with a longer and clearer zoom lens like my Canon 400D. Anyway, it was just a blessing to have encountered nature's creatures out in the sun and not bothered by the humans nearby.
The fruits of the Kapok Tree.
Will be seeing outbursts of cotton soon.
Resident waterhen out looking for food.

Vine window.
The Stork-billed Kingfisher.
Second time that I am seeing it in West Coast Park.
Hello! Here's the Grey Heron I saw the other day.
Lunch will be caught.







Sad to say, it did not catch any fish.
It flew onto a branch and proceeded to embark on an elaborate preening routine.






Meanwhile a Little Heron set up a lunch post here.
Preen, preen.
Time to look elsewhere.

Let's see if there's fish here.
I have been here since an hour ago.





Hey buddy, any luck?


Another Little Heron waiting for fish.
A small Common Kingfisher decided to join the lunch crowd.
Getting too competitive here, gotta move.

Black-naped oriole.
Look who's out at lunch time?
I am stuck.
Sorry cannot help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.