Wednesday 13 August 2014

West Coast Park

This morning I defied the weather and went to West Coast Park anyway despite the threat of heavy rain. I was blessed as the sky cleared and the air was cool. I photographed the same trees, plants and flowers and yet never tire of them because they are always at their best and never the same from day to day. Take the Cannonball trees for instance. A few weeks back they were laden with fragrant flowers and now they are bearing the burden of fruits that look like bowling balls ranging in size from small, medium to large. 

Most of the trees and palms are fruiting and some are still flowering. The fragrances are many and birds play hide-and-seek with me amongst the shrubs and giant pandanus plants. I saw a female Koel with beautiful feathers and a long tail. It sat on a branch high above me and stayed long enough for me to get a few decent photos of its regal poses. Then there was a group of birds that never stayed still for more than a few seconds. They land on a branch or twig, fan their tails for an instant and were off by the time I got the focusing of the camera to work. I got a bulbul, saw some black-naped orioles but did not manage to photograph them. So, the prize 'catch' of the day was the Koel.

Not many plants were flowering with the exception of the Tiger Orchids. They were still going strong since the last time I saw them about a week ago.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.