Monday 2 March 2015

West Coast Park 2 Mar 2015

 This morning the park was alive with melodious birdsongs around the Marsh Garden but I did not see the feathered singers high above me protected by the lush tree crowns. There were many squirrels running up and down the tree trunks and branches, chasing each other and jumping from branch to branch like trapez artistes. The park was filled with the fragrance of nature and the weather was kind. I saw green pigeons feeding on the bunches of seeds of the MacArthur Palm, orioles, kingfishers, starlings and a couple of white pigeons feeding on oil palm seeds. There were also a couple of bee-eaters and two birds with beaks like injection needles. When I was about to leave, I caught sight of a changeable lizard languishing amongst the blooms of the Cannonball tree. The sky was blue and all was well in the park. 

















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.