Tuesday 17 March 2015

West Coast Park 17 Mar 2015


Today, I met a lady who is a nature-lover like me and we enjoyed nature together as well as each other's company. It was a chance meeting and I hope we could do more walks in future.
White-breasted waterhen, one of a pair scurrying around looking for food.


A Stork-billed Kingfisher that is not often seen in this park.

A monitor lizard gliding gracefully in the water. I also saw a group of 5 otters but they were too far away for my camera.

A wasp feasting on a green caterpillar it had captured.

Another specie of wasp that had caught a fat, green caterpillar and is in the process of pushing the entire prey into its nest.

The lovely pinkish flower of the Gustavia Superba.

A large bird nest high above on the branches of a Sea Almond tree.

A chilli plant that must make its grower very happy to see that his efforts are paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.