Friday 19 June 2015

Sentosa - delights in a crowded place

 Tomorrow is International Yoga Day and there will be mass yoga activities at various designated venues. It makes me wonder how one does Yoga in a noisy environment. How do you concentrate and focus spiritually on saluting the sun or sitting quietly listening to your own breathing and connect with the cosmos with each intake of breath in a crowded environment?  I think the answer lies in being able to disconnect with distractions and direct your attention and spirit towards the purpose of  attending such an activity in the first place. It is pretty much like how I have managed to connect with nature amidst the holiday crowds. I was surrounded by noisy people determined to have a boisterous and fun-filled time in all the tourist attractions in Sentosa. But I was determined just as much to enjoy nature and not be disturbed by them. In the end, I enjoyed nature in Sentosa because I have somehow made other people disappear in my life and on reflection, I remember nothing significant of the presence of other humans other than my friend and these photos are the result of how I perceive the spirit of Yoga to be - not alone, but alone with yourself and the cosmos.









The highlight of today's walk was encountering this flowering Octopus tree. For the first time, the blooms are low enough to be photographed with a good degree of sharpness.

The flowers are opening up and the timing of the encounter was simply perfect.































No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.