Tuesday 3 February 2015

West Coast Park - Palms today

This is a special feature on Palm trees, in particular two species that are fruiting at the same time and that are common in our parks. I did not start out with a plan to do this feature. All that happened was that this morning was all breeziness and loveliness because the sun sought solace behind some clouds for quite a while allowing me to enjoy my homemade coffee and sandwich in an open area surrounded by these exuberant Fiji Palms. A busy squirrel jumped from palm to palm, up and down the trunks in search of food. In turning my attention on this creature, I began to realise how much beauty there was in these palm trees that have graced this small garden and that in all my visits I had just taken them for granted, never stopping to admire them closely. So, this morning I made up for my past inattention to these beautiful palms and gave them star treatment.




Look closely and what do you see?





A lone wasp enjoying his breakfast.


The fruitful Chinese Fan Palms facing the entrance to the park.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.