Friday 27 February 2015

West Coast Park - Cannonball tree blooming

Three elderly ladies stopped by to examine this tree, curious as to why I was there photographing its flowers and fruits. They probably would have walked straight past this tree engaged in their talk of everyday life had it not been that I was there to stop them in their tracks, well sort of. They wondered about the name, so I told them, pointing out to them that the tree derives its name from the fruit that resembles a cannonball and I showed them the fruit hanging from the cable like protrusions from the trunk.  They asked for the name in Chinese and I said what I thought was Cannon ball in Chinese. They took photos of the tree and its fragrant flowers with their handphones and walked on. How can a visit to a park day after day be boring when you not just communicate with nature but with people who are eager to know about nature but have no one to ask.






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.