Monday 12 January 2015

West Coast Park

 I used to have company in the past when I walked around this park. Not so often now. In between, I learned to enjoy spending time with myself walking alone and always spending more time at the Marsh Garden and feeling the osmosis of good Qi into my being. This morning was exceptionally beautiful. The light of day was perfect and the air was continually caressed by a gentle breeze. There were very few people around. There were bird songs in the air and the resident Brahimy Kite was soaring high above. I saw more birds than usual today and I spent more time studying the forms of the different trees in detail. For the first time I took an interest in the fishes that swim merrily below the platform built for observation of nature. An old man practised on his trumpet - the kind that you hear in Chinese Operas and I took shots of him from afar. At the carpark, three egrets were foraging for food on the grass they were not disappointed. They looked like they had just arrived from distant lands and perhaps were resting here till they fly off to Sungei Buloh I think. Today is like countless visits I had made to West Coast Park and yet it never felt the same. That is Nature's gift to us but we need to learn how to appreciate it and one way is to throw the apples and androids into the sea.
















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.