Tuesday 13 January 2015

Bukit Timah Quarry nature trial

 Bukit Timah Quarry exists in my memory going back a few decades from the time it was actively mined to the time it became defunct. When it was an active quarry, dynamiting took place every day at noon and the thundering sound could be heard within a radius of at least 2 kilometers. Now it is part of a park with the sheer cliffs of the granite quarry forming an attractive scenery for visitors who have to trek a short distance from the main road or the designated carparks to reach it. I have not been on this trail for many months and it was as if I was on it for the first time. At the start of the trail I saw these bunches of flowers that I though at first looked rather like Wisterias but then, wisterias do not grow in this part of the world. Nevertheless, it was a joyful discovery that enabled me to enjoy these bunches of flowers high above my head. Nothing out of the ordinary other than that were seen. The usual ferns, carpenter bees, dragonflies and butterflies. It was a good Sunday morning walk.































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.